Thursday, March 12, 2009

What I've learned since my last blog!

I thought it would be fun to reflect on some of the things I've learned since my last blog...Some of this will be funny some not so much. I realize the older I get the more I learn about life and being a mother.

1. I've learned driving around Mississippi there is no "scenic route"

2. I've learned one of my boys doesn't use soap and he feels pretty good about that. But, he does wash his hair with shampoo and I should be proud of that. (this threw me) If you know my boys you can probably figure out which one I'm talking about.

3. I've learned no matter where I go I always run into someone from Paragould...and that is strange to me.

4.I've learned I need a break from my kids at the expense of missing one of their games.

5. I've learned I can't do everything...and some days I can't do anything...right.

6. I've learned for some things 4 years can change a lot and for others it changes nothing.

7. When my kids talk about Amelia it reminds me how much they miss her and it hurts me so deep down I almost can't stand it.

8. I've learned that some people may never change.

9. I've learned living for God is not the popular choice like I once thought and there are many sacrifices for that. .....All worth it I might add.

10. I've learned girls dont not have the same standards as we did as teens and I didn't think I had many!

11. I've realized that lately God as painted some of the most beautiful sunsets...and I should really enjoy them.

12. I've learned that if you don't like the weather in Northeast Arkansas don't worry it will change.

13. I've learned my son is a pretty good basketball player.

14. I've also learned Boy's Club basketball is very very time consuming.

15. I've learned that somedays I'm just hard to get along with...

16. I've learned that you cannot make up for that hour of sleep and it stinks really bad.

17. I've learned I did not miss my calling by not being a painter.

18. I've learned I have so much to learn about being a Godly friend, wife, and mother.
Last but not least...I've learned my kids are so precious and they grow up soo fast ...also they clean up well and look so cute at weddings! :D

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm really disappointed that there's not a picture of SuperBoo:(

I'm learning that going deeper with God involves persecution...often from those you held dearest.

I too am learning that you can't get back that hour of sleep...and yes, it SUCKS!

I'm learning that death & dying are a part of life and it hurts every single time

I'm learning that I have a long way to go to be a good friend, but I'm willing to go the distance