Thursday, October 23, 2008

Day 1 of the Love Dare take...Oh I've lost count!

Well as I've said before we have watched the movie Fireproof and even bought the Love Dare book which we gave away to someone we felt needed it more than us. I really didn't mind giving it away b/c I kinda knew my husband would "let" me do it first and I've just felt kinda empty lately. Its been an emotional couple of weeks for me which of course means...God's trying to do something to get my attention. Well earlier this week my good friend Ginger brought my the Love Dare book...and I decided to go ahead and try it. Well that was Tuesday and I messed up that day...Wednesday started out bad...and well today I was doing ok and then I just hung up on him. So I said Ok I'm going to sit down and reread the first part of this book b/c obviously I'm missing something. Yep! I was. I have spent the last couple of weeks really have a little pity party for myself complaining about feeling empty and just emotionally drained. What I wasn't realizing was I was tapping into the wrong supply. God doesn't need us to love Him for Him to love us! That's how we are supposed to be! I know this sounds very simple but it really was a foreign concept for me. God can fufill all my needs all I have to do is ask. I'm supposed to love like Christ loves us. He died for people that were crucifying him and I'm having trouble loving someone who loves me! God has never failed to honor my obedience to Him. So why I'm having trouble with this whole submission thing is just beyond me. I will get through day 1 tomorrow. I just have a feeling! ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am proud of you!!