Friday, October 3, 2008

So I had a wild hair

Well it started as every other average day. Then I had a wild hair...I decided hey let me go in the boy's room and rearrange it. Ok so your thinking rearranging a room no biggie right...well You can't rearrange a room without cleaning it. Did I mention 3 boys live in this room? 2 of these boys are teens and 1 is a 6 year old. I got started and thought maybe this wont be so bad...until I moved the bed. I pretty sure scientist could have found something growing under there. I am ashamed to admit how much dust was in there. I sincerely considered tackling the closet but decided I would save that for another day when I go insane. Justin is gone to a friends tonight so he has yet to see the room but Jere and Bren were pretty impressed. I was just finishing as they came home. I was going to take before and after pics but I honestly would die if someone saw the room before. Their sheets are in the washer and dryer now and their beds will soon be all made up nicely with clean sheets. I older boys really get overwhelmed trying to clean up after their lil brother all the time with the lack of space they have in their room. Once the closet is clean it will be a load off them. Bren is now getting old enough to help and clean up after himself and when he's in the mood makes a pretty good helper. On the other hand when he's in the mood he can destroy a room. My mom is in town and offered to help me several times I wouldn't let her I needed to do this for my boys and I'm honestly glad I did. I haven't gotten a thank you yet but the looks on their faces made it all worth it. It really gave me a way to release some energy too. Mom just took Jere to eat at the BBQ Barn. She was going to take both of the boys but of course Justin went to the game in Wynne so he couldn't go. Its okay though Jere needs some one on one time so he can feel special. He has been struggling a bit this year trying to figure out what role he plays in this family and standing out when he has 3 very outgoing siblings. Well I've rambled enough and mom called and said she was bringing us some ribs home so that's a good thing! :D I'll post more and maybe I'll even post an after pic!

No comments: