Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Well back to our regularly scheduled programs....

My mother left today after being here a week. She hasn't stayed a week in quite a long time. We usually argue and she leaves. She really doesn't like to stay a week b/c she thinks I'm "too busy" and don't ever sit down and visit. I really don't sit down and visit alot b/c in our conversations is where the disagreements usually start. I get really stressed when she is here b/c Brendan is a different child. He doesn't listen to me and he wants his Maw Maw to be with him all the time. I get that he doesn't see her much but its more b/c she lets him do whatever he wants. I really thought she was going to leave after I spent "too much" time at church Sunday. Well my Aunt Martha came in on Monday to ride back home with Momma. It was nice visiting with her. I hope she enjoyed it as well. I dont know about everyone else's children but when we have guest mine show out. My house was not where it should have been and I was just stressed. Rick has mid terms this week and it's just been a stressful time for us. Its also Homecoming Week for our school so the kids dress up everyday which is a task for parents. I stayed up last night watching Facing the Giants with my aunt its our favorite movie but I stayed up til 12 30 not a "wise" decision seeing as I have to get up at 6. I have been later than normal every day my mom has been here. I need some downtime and I don't forsee it anytime in the near future. Adrienne's birthday is fast approaching and my brother scheduled my nieces birthday for the weekend I was going to have Adrienne's. Haley was born Oct 17th and Adrienne's is the 4th of Nov. Haley's party is scheduled for Nov 1st. Our youth has D-now the weekend of the 7th so that rules that out. I have no idea when I will do her party now. Of course I have no idea what I'm going to do for her party either. Any ideas will be considered. HELP! On a good note I have the pleasure of serving Saturday night to the cast of our play. I am so glad I get to do this. We have such wonderfully gifted people that are so eager to allow God to work through them. It touches my heart to see them work so hard to please God. My husband has been well over a month without smoking and is just doing wonderfully. Well for now I need to stop but I will post more this week about Spirit Week and the happenings of my crazy chaotic and BLESSED life!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I had a blast with you this weekend! Thanks for being a great friend!!

Oh yeah...I love the way you put that.."somewhere doing something with the military"....you're sounding like a true military family!