Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Basketball

My daughter made the "A" team this year in basketball. I've noticed that she isn't playing to the potential that we have known her to play. I have found myself getting frustrated with her b/c she isn't doing what I know she is capable of doing. She is scared she is going to mess up and I think who cares if she messes up if she's giving it her best. I realized tonight after giving her my speech this is what God wants from us. Of course we are going to mess up. Maybe we don't have any friends on our "team" but he still wants us to go out there and try our best. I haven't been giving my best lately I've been wallowing in self pity wondering why people don't like me. I should be glad I'm in the game and I already know my team is going to win. I know that even if I fail my God is going to prevail. I have got to keep picking myself back up and staying in the game. I have the greatest ministry serving people and being able to love on youth and witness to preschoolers. I get to teach 4-6 year olds about Jesus! I get to listen to the problems of our youth and understand them better and be able to witness to them about Christ. I am so blessed to be able to serve and coordinate meals for people in the cast of this AMAZING production we have coming up. ...very soon I might add. Not to mention I have a husband who is pouring his heart into the children's church. I have children who are plugged in to soo many aspects of our church. I am so blessed with all of that. This game that we are playing will end and I will have Eternal Life in Heaven with all those who went before me.

No comments: