Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Life in the Delta

So we went to the Delta for Thanksgiving and as we were driving to Amelia's gravesite we went the backroads and I snapped a pic of this apartment. This is the first place I remember living. I don't recall it looking so small. I almost stopped and asked if I could go inside. That lil bush well that was the bush my mom pulled switches for us. I played in that ditch all the time. Across the road was my Uncle Joes big "haunted" house. I wish I would have snapped a pic of that. I don't remember that pine tree I think it was planted in the last 20 years. Also the bare tree...it was much much smaller. Oh this is just the back side of the apt. Alot of good memories in that house and several not so good as well. I miss it but I really don't want to go back.

This is Parks Elementary where I attended from 1st grade to 6th. Actually we moved to Alabama during Christmas break of my 6th grade year. I loved this school and actually have mostly wonderful memories here. Its always fun for me to go the backroads in Cleveland and see all the same things. Life was different then...some ways better some...not so much.



No comments: