Tuesday, December 16, 2008

God works in mysterious ways!









I guess being trapped in my house was just what we needed to get the Christmas season really started in our house. Yesterday freezing rain started in NE Arkansas and the schools let out at 1. Rick actually went and picked up the kids at 12 to beat the rush....yep him and everyone else LOL! We ran to Wal Mart real quick and picked up our favorite snack foods (shrimp, rotel, lil smokies, summer sausage, cheese and varietys of crackers) and munched out the rest of the night. We played games and watched movies. We also picked up Disney Scene It 2nd edition. Fun game for Disney fans!




Everyone piled around the chair during game time for a quick pic...yep we are all in our jammies.


Bren and Adrienne skatin in the driveway next door. That white stuff on the roads that looks alot like snow...is not it's ICE a nice 2 inch layer of ice. Oh yeah Adrienne is wearing several layers so no she's not outside in her PJ bottoms only.



This 1 of Rick's fave Christmas foods. His mom makes these for her kids every year. They all love them! Its not actually a cookie though. It's 2 Ritz's crackers with PB in them dipped in white chocolate. Rick's mom puts a M&M on top but I didn't have any of those I drizzled milk chocolate on top. Rick said they were great and I'm sure he will eat most of them. I dont really like them but I enjoyed making them with my husband. Adrienne, Bren and I made chocolate covered pretzels as well but they were all eaten LOL. My kids LOVED THEM. The kids are out of school tomorrow as well but I'm pretty sure it will start thawing once the sun comes up. I hope to get out and get some stuff done. I am thankful for being able to stop and enjoy my family and just relax ...God always knows our needs!

2 comments:

nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
nbalike said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.