Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bring the Rain

Bring The Rain LyricsArtist(Band):MercyMe
I can count a million timesPeople asking me how ICan praise You with all that I've gone throughThe question just amazes meCan circumstances possiblyChange who I forever am in YouMaybe since my life was changedLong before these rainy daysIt's never really ever crossed my mindTo turn my back on you, oh LordMy only shelter from the stormBut instead I draw closer through these timesSo I prayBring me joy, bring me peaceBring the chance to be freeBring me anything that brings You glory And I know there'll be days When this life brings me painBut if that's what it takes to praise You Jesus, bring the rainI am yours regardless of the clouds that may loom above because you are much greater than my pain you who made a way for me suffering your destiny so tell me whats a little rain [1st Chorus]Holy, holy, holyHoly, holy, holyis the lord God almightyis the lord God almightyI'm forever singing [2nd Chorus 2x]everybody singing Holy holy holyyou are holy you are holy [2nd Chorus 2x]


This song really touches my heart. I have dealt with so many things in my 31 years of life all of which have brought me closer to God and I understand that many people pull away from him during these struggles and it saddens my heart to know that. Praising God in the storm only makes the mountains seem more victorious and not so far away. I know in my heart God has held my hand through every struggle I've had. I've seen Him guide me through the days when I didn't even want to get out of bed and gently nudge me when I didn't want to do the things that I had to do. He is my Father and has guided me accordingly. He has gotten me to a place of deeper understanding of His will in my life. I have never been so excited/anxious/nervous/scared for where God is leading my family....and the very idea that this all came about because I listened and prayed His Will for my family and my husband it makes it all the better. Obedience isn't my strong suit as they say....but My Father led me through it every step of the way just like a father would his small child learning to walk. For the record I don't think God answered my prayer because I'm just that good. I think I was just the key to unlocking His Will for my family. Prayer is powerful more powerful than any financial or physical thing you can do for someone. I don't like the term all we can do is pray because honestly the first thing we should do is pray and listen and see that he answers everyone. Just like a father...he always answers its just not always how we want it answered. Well I went a little off from what I was meaning to blog about but I was really typing from my heart so I'll just leave it. Enjoy!



This is

No comments: