Monday, September 8, 2008

Summit and Matt


Well first off let me start with I'm new to the whole Summit thing at church. I just started attending last month. It's a once a month thing for our church. Oh I went when it was at Walcott Park too but that was not entirely the same as the regular Summits. Last night there was a guest speaker named Matt Maestas from De Soto, KS. We met Matt when we were there for a mission trip this summer. He is married to Jessica. They are a wonderful couple. They are planting a church in De Soto KS and he was talking about that last night. He really spoke to our heart about praying God's will for our lives and given the recent turn of events things I've prayed for I realized that if God is going to a mighty work in my husbands life that may mean a sacrifice for me and our family. I have got to be a willing participant in this. Well after Matt finishes talking Pastor Charles comes up and invites us to pray before taking the Lord's Supper. I wont lie when my husband urged us all to go up as a family I was terrified he was going to say God is leading him to move to De Soto KS and help with this church plant. I know what I said earlier I've got to be a willing participant and I remembered how much everyone just loveeeeeddd Kansas when we went but lets be realistic here. Of course if my husband had said that I would have supported him. Oh don't get me wrong I had an amazinggg time in Kansas it was a blessing. Its not somewhere I want to live though...right now. He didn't say that though but it did make me realize there is a possibility God may move us ...geographically... and I gotta be ready for it. Rick is steadily praying and listening and if God says move we are moving but until then we will be content spreading God's love throughout Southside and the city of Paragould. Great things are happening in this house. Rick is on Day 10 of being Smoke Free Praise GOD! We are all fighting this weather change cold thing and thats getting us down a little but we will be okay in a week or two...maybe three. My voice is going in and out so that's pretty funny. I'll leave you with this I was listening to Jesse Duplantis the other night and he quoted his wife Cathy I think thats her name. She said When you push yourself to the limits you will find you have none. I believe that. I hope all this rambling made a little sense I probably shouldn't be typing with the little sleep I'm running on mixed with the head and chest cold. I'm off to jury duty...I hope for the sake of the people in court I'm not picked but we shall see.

No comments: