Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pretty awesome weekend!

Well yesterday I picked up Jeremy and Brendan and we headed to the movie store to pick up a couple movies. We then went to Wal Mart to get popcorn and candy b/c you can't have movie night at our house without those things. We also picked up a frozen pizza for dinner w/ some extra cheese. Adrienne went home with a friend and of course Justin is gone on his mission trip so I decided to try to make it a fun night with Jere and Bren. We rented Speed Racer and Leatherheads. We didn't start the movies til around 7:30 because Jere got a new game with his birthday money and wanted some time to play it for a while. Every Friday Bren says I'm goin to stay up to see my daddy when he gets off work. Rick gets off work at 12 and gets home around 12:15 or 12:20. Since school has started Bren has never made it. Actually neither Bren nor Jere made it through Leatherheads much less Rick getting home. I was okay with that b/c Leatherheads wasnt a great movie for kids. It really wasn't that great a movie for adults. It was kinda blah. Speaking of movies our church is going to see Fireproof Sunday evening and let me tell you Rick and I are pumped! We have been waiting to see that movie since we heard about it. Today we spent the day at the Emerson Family Picnic. Its our 4th picnic and our kids love it. It was a little different w/o Justin this year. You would think with 4 kids if 1 was missing you wouldn't notice but I DO! Alli Vaughn went with us again this year. I will post a couple pics it was a really great day. I'm exhausted and Rick is snoozing in the big chair beside me but it was worth it! Oh let me not forget today was Bren's first soccer game...he missed his soccer game last weekend b/c of Six Flags which I don't think I've posted about I know I'm a little behind. We played 2 of Bren's former teammates...he was kinda nervous. We won 6-1 maybe 5-1 Bren had an assist and a goal. He plays soccer like a mini adult and its so fun to watch him. He really becomes the captain of the team. He coaches the kids while he's on the field and he's usually the youngest kid on the team but it's very amusing to watch b/c they actually listen! He's not the tallest, fastest or strongest...but he is for sure the smartest soccer player out there. He really has a sense of what he's supposed to do on the soccer field. I know I'm bragging but hey it's my blog I can do that! LOL Well I will leave you with some pics of our weekend. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tell Adrienne I love the make up! LOL!

And yes, it is your blog...brag away!! I do!

Love ya! See ya at Fireproof!!!!